Monday, June 1, 2015

Zarathustra's first blog - Infosphere {.墟冚.}

ZARATHUSTRA'S PROLOGUE 1: A self-referential fable not by Jorge Luis Borges

 WHEN 拉图斯特拉 was 42 years old, he left his home and the lake of his home, and went into Yellow Mountains. There he enjoyed his spirit and his solitude, and for ten years did not weary of it. But at last his heart changed, and rising one morning with the rosy dawn, he went before the sun, and spoke to it thus: 

You great Infosphere! What would your happiness be, had you not those for whom you shine, the Tao, the Theory of every signal,noise and error-correction? 

For ten years have you climbed here outside my cave: you would have wearied of your light and of the journey, had it not been for me, my cat, and all other Selfies.

 But we waited for you every morning, took from you your overflow, and blessed you for it. 

Behold. I am weary of my wisdom, like the bee that has gathered too much honey; I need hands outstretched for crowdsourcing. I would rather give away and distribute, until the wise among men once more find joy in their folly, and the poor in their riches. 

Therefore must I descend into the Code: as you do in the evening, when you go behind the sea, and give light also to the underworld, you exuberant bits and atoms! Like you I have to go down, as men say, to whom I shall descend. 

Bless me, then, you tranquil eye, that can look on even the greatest happiness without envy! 

Bless the Grail that is about to overflow, that the epic rain may flow golden from it, and carry everywhere the reflection of your happiness! 

Behold. This cup is again going to empty itself, and Zarathustra is going to a man again. Thus began Zarathustra's hacking the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment